• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 reillyd

reillyd

Cow-in-development

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 04:54 AM

Can anyone point me to a multi-hub search tool for Direct Connect (either a web based, or a Wintel/Linux tool). I've seen a few on google, but they end up being broken links. I'd like to be able to search through several dozen hubs - but without manually connecting/disconnecting to each one. Many of these hubs have slot restrictions (either an upper limit on how many, or lower limit on how few per hub), and it makes manually doing it really difficult. There must be a client out there somewhere that can do this

(I'm not talking about mulit-hub search of all connected hubs, it's more a case of point it to a list of hubs, and go away and do the search however long it takes)

#2 tm

tm

Pasture Blaster

• Members
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 08:40 AM

Please only post a question in one place at a time. No one likes spammers.

http://www.slyck.com...pic.php?t=11694

Those DC multi-hub search engines seem to come and go. The whole point of DC is not to become a single network, but to be compartmentalized into individual separate channels. If you have a lot of files to share and join a few good hubs, you should have no trouble finding what you need.

#3 reillyd

reillyd

Cow-in-development

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 08:50 AM

Those DC multi-hub search engines seem to come and go. The whole point of DC is not to become a single network, but to be compartmentalized into individual separate channels. If you have a lot of files to share and join a few good hubs, you should have no trouble finding what you need.

Riiight. Not really helpful or answering the question.... but thanks anyway.

#4 Skittles Goddess

Skittles Goddess

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 05:01 PM

Don't do it. No one likes a leech. It may be a little more time consuming, but just connect to a few hubs at a time and disconnect if you don't find what you want. And you will be banned if caught, believe me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users