- - - - -

not connecting to all seeds/peers?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2005 - 02:59 AM

I hope I am not repeating another thread but I looked and couldn't find anything. Here is my problem: when downloading on BC I pick a file with 100+ seeders and when I download it is only showing me being connected or downloading from about 20-30 seeds. Is there something in my settings that I need to change to maximize this? I have already set my portforwarding and have not resticted my dl or ul rates, but usually only get about 35kbs on most files no matter how many seeds it is showing. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

#2 carpefile

carpefile

Ugly where it counts

• Premier Member
  • 3,595 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 06:28 AM

You will never connect to all seeds or peers. Its just the way the bittorrent protocol works.

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2005 - 09:25 PM

Ok, I kinda figured that but is the number I am connecting average? I have seen posts from others on here saying they are connected to 70-80+ and I doubt I have ever been over 30. Sorry to be asking stupid questions but you gotta learn somehow.

#4 carpefile

carpefile

Ugly where it counts

• Premier Member
  • 3,595 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 11:38 PM

The amount of seeds and peers you can connect with is regulated by how many connections you allow per torrent. I usually have mine set to 100, that usually is enough.

#5 DzNutz

DzNutz

Pasture Blaster

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 12:26 AM

you can connect to all peers if you:

1. are connectible (open ports or allow firewall access)
2. configure the client to connect to many peers. bitcomet has this on "default" and it seems that you'll connect to 60 or 80 max globally if it's on default.