•  

Welcome to PC Tech Talk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to PC Tech Talk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of PC Tech Talk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

I2PBote 0.1.2 released

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 santos

santos

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:37 PM

The version 0.1.2 of I2PBote was released.
I2PBote is a anonymous email application based on kademlia network which works over I2P anonymous network.
This is a first public test version, expect difficulties and problems.
Find more information on: http://i2pbote.i2p

Tentative task list
For 0.1.3:

* After startup, Wait 3 minutes before connecting(Done)
* Change the paths in the build file from /opt/... to ../i2p/... (Done)
* Fix: "Check Mail" button doesn't show new emails, user has to reload inbox (Not done)
* Fix: high cpu usage when sending or receiving (Not done)

For 0.1.4:

* green/red/yellow status icon on main page, move #peers to a separate page (Not done)
* stale counter / dead peer ejection (Not done)
* explain mail identity, mail address, mail destination, i2p destination in techdoc.txt (Not done)

For 0.2:

* Kademlia replication (Not done)
* Speed up storing / retrieving (Not done)
* Progress feedback when sending / receiving mail (Not done)
* Deletion of retrieved packets (Not done)

1) Introduction

I2P-Bote is a serverless pseudonymous email exchange service for the I2P network. Emails are
stored encrypted on other I2P-bote nodes.
There is a SMTP/POP interface [TO BE IMPLEMENTED] to use with an email client, and a web interface
[TO BE IMPLEMENTED] that lets you change settings or send/read email.

Email can be sent through a number of other nodes (relays) for increased security, or directly to
a set of storage nodes for faster delivery. The same applies to retrieving email.
All nodes are created equal. There are no "supernodes" or designated relay/storage nodes.
Everybody acts as a potential relay and storage node. The maximum amount of disk space used for
relayed/stored email packets can be configured by the user.
Before an email is sent to a relay, it is broken up into packets and encrypted with the recipient's
public key.

Email packets are stored redundantly in a distributed hash table (DHT). Stored email packets are
kept for at least 100 days, during which the recipient can download them.
For relays, the guaranteed retention time is only 7 days.
If a node runs out of email storage space, and there are no old packets that can be deleted, the
node refuses storage requests.

Email addresses are entered in the format "username@domain.i2p"; they must match an entry in the
local address book or the distributed email directory. An exception are addresses of the form
"dest_key@bote.i2p", where dest_key is a 516-byte base64-encoded email keypair. No lookup is done
for these addresses; the dest_key part is directly used for routing the email.

Posted Image

Forum Discussion for Feedback:
http://forum.i2p2.de...opic.php?t=3885

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users